American Mortgage Network is looking to expand our Accounting Team. We are looking for a junior accounting specialist who has experience in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Pays vendors by requesting 1099’s and preparing checks.
- Reconciles loan sale income with cash receipts.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries and other data entries
- Prepares month-end accruals and amortization schedules.
- Handles & reconciles mortgage loan payments and answers customer calls.
- Handles daily office mail and does mail runs.
- Willingness to learn about the mortgage business and cross train on other job functions
Junior Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Customer/partner relationships
- Analyzing information
- Accounting and reconciling
- Excel proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 0-1 year experience required.
- High School graduate or higher
- Must be good with Excel.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time