Retail Mortgage Underwriting Manager
Responsible for managing and supporting the underwriting function in alignment with department policies, practices and standards.
• Manage an underwriting staff of approximately 3 -10 underwriters
• Ensure underwriting service levels are achieved
• Ensure underwriting quality meets company and investor standards
• Carry out personnel management including hiring, counseling, training.
• Continuously evaluate processes to ensure application of best practices and maximize staff utilization
• Provide training as needed to underwriting staff ensuring that all staff are adequately informed of program guidelines and underwriting practices
• Provide support to production staff regarding underwriting and credit policy matters
• Completes second reviews of loan files and resolves exception cases
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned
• Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values Ideal Candidate will have the following:
• Current and extensive knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, and VA program guidelines.
• Experience analyzing financial statements for high net worth borrowers
• A thorough understanding of cash flow methodology for complex tax returns including, but not limited to, partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, as well as, treatment of capital gains and trust income
• Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word
• Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
• Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
• Financial Services and, if possible, mortgage industry experience preferred
• Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management Years of Experience: 5 Education: Bachelor's Degree
American Mortgage Network team members enjoy excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, training, development and career opportunities.
American Mortgage Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision along with the ESOP Retirement benefits. All resumes are held in confidence. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.