Staff Accountant - Mortgage
American Mortgage Network (AmNet) is seeking a staff accountant in Mortgage. This position performs accounting duties related to daily activities of AmNet, including, but not limited to, preparation and posting of accounting entries for funding and financing of mortgage loans, commissions/bonus/overrides; submits warehouse funding requests; reconciliation of general ledger balances, and month end general ledger closing processes.
- Monitors and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts to include researching and resolving outstanding entries notifying the manager and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of possible issues or losses.
- Coordinates and transmits wire requests to the warehouse banks in accordance with banking facility covenants and established corporate boundaries utilizing various banking software.
- Sets up various commission/bonus/override profiles, prepares weekly and bi-weekly commission/bonus/override payments, provides commission statements to mortgage personnel and prepares the file for payroll.
- Ensures reconciliations and journal entries are completed within the closing schedule timeline by coordinating with other accounting staff members.
- Audits income and posts loans for download to general ledger system.
- Processes wire transfers and records the associated journal entries.
- Prepares and maintains desktop procedures.
- Assists with gathering and providing requested documentation for the external auditors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in accounting or related experience.
- Must have knowledge of basic figures to reconcile loan balances.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have proficient Adobe Acrobat skills.
- Must have excellent data entry, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent listening and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
American Mortgage Network team members enjoy excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, training, development and career opportunities.
American Mortgage Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision along with the ESOP Retirement benefits. All resumes are held in confidence. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.